10
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes
Loading...
QR Code
Most Haunted Season 5 Episode 5

Most Haunted Season 5 Episode 5

Description: Former pub, now a hotel. The current building was built in 1732. According to John Girven (local historian) the cellars date back to the 1600’s when a previous pub known as the Nags Head stood on this site.nnHistory: It was owned by a notorious horse dealer and suspected highwayman, Ambrose Saintsbury.nnIn 1732, the building was re-built and renamed the Sergeant’s Head. The proprieter at that time was Francis Paradise, a former sergeant of the mace to the towns MayornnIn 1789, the building was leased to Walter Flay, and in the same year, was struck by lightening, causing severe damage to the stablesnnThe cellars have five chambers which lead off from a central passage; however the rear of the cellar has been bricked up, blocking access to what is believed some extra 100 feet or so of underground tunnel, which runs under the establishment’s yardnnIn 1999, John Girven removed a brick from this area while investigating the suspected tunnel. This act allegedly marked the start

QR Code

Views: 23

Serie: Most Haunted

Episode Title: Black Swan Hotel

Duration: 00:46 46min

Air Date: 2004-10-12

Year: